Postman tool Installation
Postman is available for MAC, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Now, we will see how to install Postman as a Standalone Application in your system.
- Click on https://www.postman.com/downloads/ link
- Click on “Download” button
- Here we will take the example of Windows OS, after clicking on the Download button, we will get two options 32-bit and 64-bit, according to your system configuration click on the respective option.
- Once the download is completed, double click on the downloaded file, and wait till postman is installed.
- After the installation, the postman will automatically get opened. We can sign into postman and use it, or sign in also we can proceed.
Create your first request
- Click on “New” button on the top left corner
- Now, to create your first request, click on the “Request” option under the “Create new” section
- Provide the name of the Request and also description (Optional)
- To save the request we need to create a collection
Create a collection
- Click on the “New” button
- Click on “Collection”
- Provide the name of the collection and save the details
Create an environment
- Click on the “Manage Environment” button
- Provide the name of the environment and click on “Add”