BrowserStack Automaton enables us to test websites and mobile applications across browsers, operating systems, and real mobile devices. BrowserStack is a cloud web and mobile testing platform. It does not require users to install or maintain an internal lab of virtual machines, devices, and emulators. It was founded by Ritesh Arora and Nakul Aggarwal in 2011. Browser Stack is very flexible and scalable.
Benefits of BrowserStack
- Works out of the box:
Zero setups and zero maintenance are needed thus help in speed up releases.
- Comprehensive coverage:
Instant access to 2000+ browsers and real iOS and Android devices.
- Uncompromising security:
SOC2 compliant. Pristine browsers and devices available for everyone, every time.
BrowserStack Automation Features
1. To test Your Websites:
- Test your websites hosted in development or testing environments while running automated Selenium and JS tests on desktop browsers, real iOS, and Android devices.
- Interactively test and debug your websites hosted in development or testing environments on desktop browsers, real iOS, and Android devices.
- It helps teams automate visual testing. It captures screenshots, compares them against the baseline, and highlights visual changes.
2. To Test Your Mobile Apps:
- App Automate:
- Test your native and hybrid mobile applications that use development or testing environments while running automated tests on real iOS and Android devices.
- App Live:
- Test instantly on a wide range of real iOS and Android devices on the cloud. Say goodbye to your device lab.
What is Cross Browser Testing?
It is a type of non-functional testing that lets you check whether your website works as intended when accessed through:
- Different Browser-OS combinations:
- on popular browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari—on any of the popular operating systems like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- Different devices:
- users can view and interact with your website on popular devices—smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops, etc.
- Assistive Tools:
- the website is compatible with assistive technologies like screen readers for individuals who are differently-abled.